Posted: 6 June 2018
If you are a dynamic and passionate leader with corporate farming experience and are keen to pursue a career in the Australian turf industry, then we’d love to hear from you!
Coolabah Turf is an Echuca-based turf company with strong sales growth & a statewide distribution contract via a large national chain.
Coolabah Turf is a family-owned business and primarily services the professional landscape, commercial, council and DIY project sectors
throughout regional and metropolitan Victoria. An industry leader in the production, sale and distribution of quality turf grass products in Australia, Coolabah’s turf production facility spans 3 sites, located in Echuca West & Wharparilla, Victoria, & comprises more than 150 Ha.
Coolabah Turf directors are founding members of Lawn Solutions Australia. Our commitment to, and ongoing investment in, Australian turf industry networks ensures we are at the forefront of product development and innovation.
Our second-to-none commitment to excellence in product quality and customer service is non-negotiable.
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the planning, organisation, supervision, running and administration of farm operations.
Reporting to the Director of Farming and working with the General Manager and Transport & Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of turf production.
- Ground preparation, planting, fertiliser & pesticide application & harvesting
- Operation of farming equipment, including but not limited to tractors and harvesters
- Centre pivot, lateral & solid set spray irrigation management
- Record keeping of all inputs and activities using provided software
- Managing & rostering of farm-based permanent & casual employees including recruitment of new team members
- Monitoring of key quality controls, and ensuring OH&S requirements are adhered to
- Ensure production / harvest KPI’s are met daily
- Refer any repairs / maintenance to Maintenance Manager
- Ability to juggle pockets of seasonal pressure and the unpredictable challenges of farming life
- A passionate leader and motivator who can inspire our already amazing team and work to tight deadlines
- Superior problem-solving skills of a practical nature
- Superior time management, planning and organisational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail and pride in work
- Likes working outdoors
- Proven ability to operate farm machinery and equipment
- Proven ability to work autonomously and achieve agreed outputs with limited supervision
- Quickly learn, develop and master new skills and techniques
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of Agronomics
- Horticulture, Turf Management or similar qualification would be advantageous
The remuneration package will consist of salary + superannuation + work vehicle + mobile, at a level to attract and retain an industry leading performer. The option of on farm accommodation also exists.
Please submit your application, including brief cover letter & resume to the General Manager email@example.com before 5pm, Friday June 29, 2018.
To obtain a more detailed position description email your request with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Machine Operator / Farmhand
Posted: 5 April 2018
If you are a motivated and positive person then we’d love to consider your application to join our progressive turf supply company.
This position would suit someone with a passion for the Australian turf industry and/or previous experience in agriculture/farming.
The successful applicant must demonstrate previous tractor operation experience. Preference will be given to applicants with autostack turf harvester knowledge. You must also have an aptitude for good machinery operation and maintenance.
Remuneration will be in-line with the skills possessed by the successful applicant.
Please provide a CV and cover letter stating why you would be the best applicant for this position and send to: email@example.com
"If you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life!"