• 1800 055 515

Instant Turf in Mill Park image


Instant turf in Mill Park

Mill Park is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 19 km north-east of Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the City of Whittlesea. At the 2016 Census, Mill Park had a population of 29,710.

Mill Park's boundaries are South Morang and Epping to the north, Plenty and the Blossom Park and Rivergum estates to the east, Bundoora and Thomastown to the south and Lalor to the west.

The area is named after the Mill Park property owned by Henry "Money" Miller (1809-1888). He bred racehorses and conducted a range of dairy and grazing activities, sufficient to occupy 65 persons housed in a village on the property. The Findon Hounds and the Findon Harriers Hunt Club—a name connected with Miller's residence—Findon in Kew, were at Mill Park.

As a result of severe bushfires during 1957, the Clear Hill estate was subdivided into smaller allotments. The portion now known as Yellow Gum Park was purchased by Reid Quarries Pty Ltd who quarried the area to produce materials that were used in the construction of many of Melbourne's early 'Sky Scrapers'. Quarrying operations commenced during 1959 and Boral Australia took over the site in the 1960s. The plant was closed in the early 1970s because of ground water seeping into the quarry hole. The ground water seepage has produced the lake which many locals know as "Blue Lake".

Instant turf options for Mill Park

What they say

Back to top