If you are a motivated and positive person with a can do mindset, looking for a job you can tackle every day with passion and purpose…you might consider a career with our Coolabah Crew!
We promise life will never be dull!
Our award winning business and world-class instant turf production and distribution company is expanding its team to accommodate growth plans we will be rolling out in 2021.
A highly respected, innovative, industry leader servicing a state wide market, our Coolabah brand is synonymous with best-practice operations, exceptional product quality, and outstanding customer care.
After more than 20 years in the game, these core principles continue to underpin Coolabah Turf's Lawn for Life brand promise.
Coolabah Turf is a family owned values driven organisation, which operates under a corporate management structure and provides full-time employment to 40 plus staff.
When people see and experience our Coolabah brand, we want them to feel an infectious, energetic and passionate love for life. To fulfil this goal, it is critical our handpicked team of professionals also exude this optimistic and infectious zest for life, and boast a genuine interest in how we as a team can enhance the lifestyle benefits of everyone we meet with the consistent supply of one of life’s most simple pleasures – an instant luscious lawn.
Here at Coolabah, our basic life philosophy is: ‘’If you love what you do, and who you do it with….you will never to work a day in your life!’’ which ensures our dynamic team will always be willing and able to assist all customers with passion, knowledge and purpose.
We don’t just sell lawns, we change lives. If you want to help make a difference too – come join our crew.
If you or someone you know is dreaming of relocating to regional Victoria, or if you are lucky enough to already live here….we’d love to consider your application to join our crew.
Check out the jobs we have currently available:
- Financial Controller
- Internal Key Account Manager
- Sports Turf Management Apprenticeship
- Delivery Driver
- Diesel Mechanic
Kickstart your new year with a new career!
As a key member of our executive leadership team, the Financial Controller (FC) will report to the General Manager (GM) and assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of one of the largest turf production companies in Australia.
Primary responsibilities of the role will include planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities to ensure financial success and safeguard the organisation’s legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Lead collaborative financial planning processes for the business and ensure effective planning within Finance and Business Operations are aligned to the strategic directions of the organisation
- Provide timely financial advice to the GM and Executive Leadership team on all strategic and operational aspects of the company’s financial management needs and performance
- Improve the organisation’s financial strength through effective cash flow management
- Prepare monthly and annual budgets and variance reporting, forecasts and make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Ensure annual statutory financial statements are prepared and lodged with external bodies as required
- Ensure all taxation matters are managed in consultation with external auditor / taxation advisors
- Management of payroll including PAYG , payroll tax, leave records and superannuation
- Reporting and lodging indirect business tax (GST and payroll tax)
- Manage risk by implementing robust financial and corporate management systems
- Collaborate with the Executive and management teams in a fair and respectful manner
- Participate in formulating and implementing the strategic and operational directions of the organisation
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders Fixed asset management including recording, acquisition and disposal
- Management Purchase Order process to ensure timely and accurate posting and payments
- Ensures and monitors the accuracy and efficiency of accounts receivable (including debt recovery), and inventory management control
- Constantly monitors key performance indicators for the department and takes corrective action as required
- Ensures prompt, courteous and accurate service to all internal and external customers to honour our Coolabah commitment to customer care
- Management of our inhouse finance team
- Qualified CA/CPA preferred
- Positive mindset
- A proven track record of organisational financial management
- Exemplary interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in managing a high performing team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Strong customer service and work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and supervision, with a proven ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong networking skills and a customer centric approach
In return you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package and the support of our amazing team. Not to mention the lifestyle benefits of living in the vibrant Murray River border towns of Echuca-Moama.
How to apply
To apply for this outstanding role please submit your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Key Account Manager
This is an exciting and diverse internal key account management role, primarily to co-ordinate the timely and efficient delivery of turf products to a state wide distribution network.
The role will require sales, administration and customer service experience. Client relationship management, and a magnetic ability to connect and build instant rapport with over the phone customer contact is essential.
This role will require high level customer contact with a state buying team and relevant instore team members responsible for ordering turf. It will also require methodical follow up of customer inquiry and administrating orders to meet customer expectations and delivery promises.
The role will require transaction data analysis and monitoring of weekly sales trends and forecasting to assist with the attainment of forecast sales budgets.
The successful applicant will have an ability to work autonomously in their role as well as being part of a team. An ability to understand the importance of logistics and administration deadlines and harvest time frames is also essential.
This person will also provide a support role to our Senior Key Account Manager.
- Have ownership of your key account customer & ensure high level of service at all times
- Process orders via our integrated IT systems & telephone
- Establish relationships with key account contacts
- Assist with training of customer team members
- Aid in the revenue growth of your account customer
- Deliver solutions to your key customer with a sense of urgency & pride
Skills and Experience
- Internal Sales, Account Management or Customer Service experience
- Proven track record in managing a portfolio of key accounts
- Motivation & drive to work autonomously in key business role
- Ability to build rapport with key customer contacts
- Passion for customer service
- High level of attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level computer skills (MS Excel / Word)
- Experience in transport and logistics would be a bonus but not essential.
How to apply:
To lodge your expression of interest in this role or to formally apply for the role, please email our logistics and transport manager, Steve Beer email@example.com
Farm-Based Apprenticeship in Sports Turf Management
Due to continued growth of our turf production & distribution business we seek a Sports Turf Management Apprentice to join our dynamic team.
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated self-starter to join our progressive turf supply company. You will learn the disciplines of Turf Production at our Echuca-based farms while completing your Certificate III in Sports Turf Management.
This position would suit a fit, energetic, highly-motivated person with a passion for working outdoors. Experience in agriculture or farming would be an advantage. If you are enthusiastic about working in a vibrant team, have a keen eye for detail and willingness to learn new skills, we would love to hear from you.
The role will include on-farm training and upskilling, how to use machinery and turf farming practices. Trade School is currently based in Melbourne. You will be required to work a minimum of 38 hours per week with additional hours in peak seasons, including some weekend work.
How to apply
To apply for this outstanding role please submit your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a motivated and positive person and possess Forklift and HC (Semi) truck licences, then we’d love to consider your application to join our progressive turf production company.
Previous experience in the operation of Moffett truck-mounted forklifts and/or a MC (B Double) truck licence would also be an advantage.
This role involves safely organising pallets of turf for distribution, loading and unloading trucks and performing general yard duties. All vehicles must be loaded and restrained to comply with NHVL and CoR guidelines.
You must be well presented, have excellent verbal communication skills and attention to detail, and be terrific with people in order to honour the Coolabah commitment to outstanding customer service.
The successful applicant will be a professional driver and will be required to deliver perishable turf products to our vast network of customers throughout Metro Melbourne and Country Victoria.
Remuneration will be paid in line with the skills of the successful applicant.
How to apply
To apply for this role please submit your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience to our logistics and transport manager, Steve Beer email@example.com
Our progressive Echuca-based turf business seeks a highly skilled mechanic with sound knowledge of diesel engines.
The role will require you to work on-farm as part of our workshop team. Carrying out preventative maintenance schedules you will service and repair ag-related machinery and our modern transport fleet. The successful applicant will be a motivated self-starter who can work both autonomously and as part of a team. You will report to our workshop manager and must demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Our commitment to team work is unwavering, and everyone within the business must ‘live’ this ethos. Remuneration is negotiable and determined by your skills and experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role please submit your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role including past relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org