- A stunning showpiece lawn perfect for a residential feature area, courtyard or pool
- Non invasive – perfect for around garden beds
- Low maintenance – 50% less mowing than other common turf varieties
- Extremely slow lateral grow
- Slow to establish in Victoria
- Not suitable for dogs
- Fine bladed premium turf variety
- Low nutrient requirements
- Low water requirements once established
- Slow to self-repair in Victoria
- Weed & insect resistant
- Dark green leaf
- Automated irrigation system recommended
For a stunning showpiece lawn Sir Grange is a slow-growing, fine leaf, extremely low maintenance turf that will thrive in full sun and part shade (once established – four hours). It is the perfect low-maintenance solution for a residential yard requiring a feature lawn that will experience zero traffic. Because its growth rate is so slow in the Victorian climate and the growing season is so short, Sir Grange will not adequately self repair if damaged from dog urine and therefore is not recommended for pet owners.
The initial cost is a little higher than most other varieties of natural turf (instant lawns), but the ongoing costs of less watering and maintaining Sir Grange are less than all other turf varieties.
Sir Grange has been hand selected from over 10,000 different cultivars. Underwent strict R&D process from the world’s most successful turf grass breeders. It is dark green in colour and low-allergenic. Minimal damage when scalped. Requires 75% less nitrogen than other common turf varieties. Requires up to 50% less mowing than other common turf varieties. High shade tolerance (needs only 3 hours of direct sunlight/day once established). Can handle full sun. High wear tolerance. Can be mown at a wide range of heights. High drought tolerance. Successfully grown and sold in over 10 different countries. Weed & insect Resistant. It comes with our 10-year product warranty.
- Sir Grange has low water requirements, once established, however, deep and frequent watering of your new Sir Grange lawn will be essential for at least the first 6- 8 weeks until its roots firmly establish. We do not recommend you purchase Sir Grange if you are not installing an automated irrigation system.
- It will require infrequent mowing and can be maintained at a variety of mowing heights.
- Needs minimal fertiliser inputs – pending plant health and expectation of performance.
- Sir Grange is generally a lawn which will be slow to establish in Victoria so ensure it is being installed in a zero traffic area to enable it to transplant without the pressure of foot traffic.
- Recent localised trials have proven Sir Grange will establish faster if you use a sub soil base with a predominantly sand profile of around 200mm.
- Apply your starter fertiliser as supplied (you will find the correct amount of Lawn Launcher – which is a combination of starter fertiliser and water crystals – in the clear bag on top of your turf pallet) evenly over the entire area, prior to installing your new lawn.