The Coolabah team is excited to now supply all turf varieties all year round!
To ensure optimal results we advise all turf products are ONLY installed in FULL SUN and LOW traffic areas between May — August.
Please note: Slow root initiation and longer establishment periods during cooler weather — hence it is critical you adhere to the NO traffic rule.
If you have chosen to lay Sir Walter DNA Certified during the Autumn/Winter period please ensure the following:
- Spread Sir Launcher as supplied over the prepared area before laying your new turf. Ensure it is raked through the top 10mm of your area to ensure soil contact.
- Apply Seasol at a rate of 2 Litres per 100 m2 over the top of the turf once layed.
- We also recommend fertilising your new turf with Sir Walter DNA Certified Premium Turf Lawn Food 5-6 weeks after laying.
Here is a short video on how to handle lawn in Winter conditions.
There are very few moments in Coolabah history where the brains behind everything our business stands for, Brad Shearer actually has ever ditched the fluros and voluntarily stepped into the limelight to share some of his turf trade secrets. But when we are talking seriously about installing new lawns during winter conditions, it’s a message worthy of pulling the big guns out to deliver. So if you are thinking about putting in a new lawn this winter – we hope this clip gives you the peace of mind you need to go ahead and follow your landscape dreams without delay.
Maintenance on new turf in winter
- Monitor moisture to ensure that the turf does not get too wet or dry out at any stage.
- Mow only on highest level if needed prior to Spring. Only take a maxi- mum of one third off the leaf each time you mow. Remove any leaves from the lawn as they fall.
- We take all care but No Responsibility for turf laid during the Winter dormancy period. Speak to one of our expert turf managers for more in- formation to ensure optimal results.
We recommend monthly applications of Seasol, a plant conditioner, during June, July and August to help protect your turf from the effects of cooler weather.
Want to see it?
All Sir Walter DNA Certified aftercare products are available from Coolabah Turf Farm lawn shop, ASQ Garden World Eaglehawk, Harcourt, Castlemaine and Maryborough, Ballarat Sand & Soil, Build Pro, Gardens on Archer, Horsham Instant Turf, Landscape Creations & Garden Supplies, Simon Rosa Landscaping, Water Plus Irrigation or Westaway Nursery.