- Greater density to block out unwanted winter weeds
- Finer leaf
- Fast to self-repair from wear
- Full sun only
- Drought tolerant
- Low water + winter active
- Great for nature strips or unirrigated backyards
- Deep green in colour
- Water on an as needed basis only to prevent high thatch build up and unnecessary maintenance
- Mow at approx 25mm
- A finer leaf variety of Eureka Kikuyu that’s more winter active
- Greater density during winter to help minimise winter weed invasion
- Faster/more aggressive growing
- Shorter dormancy period than other common Kikuyu varieties in Victoria
- Less water required to establish/less water and fertiliser required to maintain
- Faster rate of repair if damaged
Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu is a deep green turf grass. It boasts a tight sward which is due to a unique characteristic of shorter internodes, which promotes more frequent branching and therefore greater density. This unique growth habit aids in faster establishment, faster recovery from wear and superior weed suppression than some other common Kikuyu varieties.
Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu is grown exclusively under license, and was sought by Coolabah Turf production managers in the hunt for a warm season turf variety with superior drought tolerance and winter density.
Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu’s superior degree of drought tolerance is due to its massive fibres’ root system which enhances more efficient water and nutrient uptake than common Kikuyu varieties.
This trait dictates that Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu is watered significantly less than any other drought tolerant turf variety currently on the market. We recommend it is watered on an as needs basis only to prevent high thatch build up and unnecessary maintenance.
Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu’s proven winter activity means it will establish in cool climates all year round, whether the project is installed with both hard turf, or stolons. Its impressive winter growth habit also enables Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu to recover against wear or frost damage despite cold temperatures.
This core trait makes Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu an appealing alternative for councils managing open green space corridors and is a superior performing turf choice for community sporting reserves.
- Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu is best managed if mown at approximately 25mm.
- When used in a sports turf environment Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu will perform best if maintained with a cylinder mower at an optimum moving height of between 15-20mm.
- Fertilised in mid September for it to green up after winter and a second follow up again in early April to carry growth on into the cooler winter months.
- Watering guidelines: It is critical to note Eureka Premium VG Kikuyu should only be watered on an as needs basis pending use.