- #1 selling and best performing turfgrass variety for residential home lawns
- Drought tolerant
- Thrives in full sun and shade (minimum of 3 hours of sunlight for best results)
- Perfect for kids and dogs
- Self repairing – pet resistant
- Non invasive root system can be managed without chemicals (Whipper snipper edges to curb lateral growth into garden beds)
- Low maintenance
- Broad, soft luscious leaf
- Highly resistant to most common insect pests
- Salt tolerant – great for around pools!
- Survives on less water
- A dense root system which acts as a barrier to minimise weed invasion
- Initial cost is a little higher up front but ongoing costs to manage and maintain are significantly less than some other varieties
- Mowing height 30mm-40mm
- Low allergy
- W.A.L.T.E.R – Water And Light Tolerant Environmentally Responsible
- SIR – Great grass deserved to be knighted
Residential yards with kids or dogs, or if you are looking for a low maintenance feature lawn around garden beds, courtyards or pools performs well in full sun or lightly shaded areas (more than 3 hours of light) with minimal water requirements once established.
Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo is Australia’s number one selling Buffalo lawn and is the only Coolabah Turf variety that will thrive in full sun and shade. Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo has become so famous; homeowners now install Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo around homes to boost property prices before going under the hammer!
All year round.If installing during winter, for best results only install in full sun or low traffic areas between June and August as establishment will take longer during cooler periods.
Soft broad leaf, which is luscious, rich emerald green colour. It’s drought tolerant, low maintenance, highly resistant to most common insect pests including Black Beatle, and most turf diseases. It is also salt tolerant and pet resistant.
It has a fast creeping growth habit, which means it is self-repairing against any damage from daily wear and tear. Unlike other creeping grasses, Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo’s unique root system only travels across the top of the soil surface, not underneath it, which means it is less invasive and easier to manage without having to use any chemicals. You can just whipper snip or edge, then just mow, blow and go!
This lateral growth habit also helps slow evaporation which means Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo is able to survive on less water. This dense growth habit is not only responsible for reducing irrigation frequency, it also acts as a barrier to weeds. Consequently, Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo is known as one of the most environmentally friendly grasses available, requiring less fertiliser and chemicals than other varieties. Despite its need for few chemicals, Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo will actually withstand the use of a broader range of herbicides, unlike other buffalo lawns to aid with on-going maintenance should it be required.
Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo thrives in the heat, but will, unlike most other summer active grasses, still perform well in shade.
As Australia’s go anywhere, grow anywhere premium lawn turf, Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo is the most versatile grass currently on the market – given that it will perform in both sun and shade where most other turfgrass varieties require full sun environments to thrive.
The initial cost is a little higher than some other varieties of instant lawn, but the ongoing costs of less watering and maintaining Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo are a lot less than many other turf. The long-term durability of Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo and its ability to self repair will mean greater protection of your long term landscape investment.
To ensure you are purchasing genuine Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo and to guarantee it is a consistently high standard, make sure you purchase from an AusGap Certified grower and ask for a certificate of authenticity.
- Fertilise in mid September for it to green up after winter and a second follow up again in April to carry growth into the cooler winter months. We recommend you use Lawn Solutions Australia Fertiliser at label rates (eg. 2kg/100m2). Irrigate after fertiliser has been applied.
- Never mow lower than 30mm to ensure soft leaf texture throughout most of the year.
- Once established, deep infrequent watering.
- We also recommend fertilising your new turf 5-6 weeks after laying.
Monitor moisture to ensure that the turf does not get too wet or dry out at any stage.
- Mow only on the highest level if needed prior to Spring. Only take a maximum of one third of the leaf each time you mow.
- Remove any leaves from the lawn as they fall.
- Minimise traffic—Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo will not cope with wear while dormant.
- We take all care but No Responsibility for turf laid during the Winter dormancy period.
- We recommend monthly applications of Seasol.
We will supply double lawn starter fertiliser and Water Crystals (for orders over 50m2) to enhance root growth during the Autumn to Winter period.
Available all year round. For best results only install Sir Walter DNA Certified Buffalo in full sun environments during Autumn and Winter. Wet, shaded or high traffic areas should be avoided during this period.Spread starter fertiliser and water crystals through the top 20-30mm of soil on your prepared area before laying your new turf.We also recommend fertilising your new turf 5-6 weeks after laying.