Everyone wants a lush green lawn in winter, but at this time of year the continued cold weather and frosts can leave your lawn looking dull and lifeless.
Here at Coolabah Turf we grow low water, drought tolerant turf types, otherwise referred to as warm season grasses, which thrive in our hot Australian climate.
We breed them to look awesome in summer, to ensure they help keep our yards cool and feel soft underfoot for the kids when they want to run down the slip and slide or cartwheel around the backyard BBQ.
But just like a big grizzly bear, these varieties of warm season grasses go to sleep during the winter for a period known as dormancy, to rest and rejuvenate.
This is awesome because unlike some other varieties, (e.g. cool season lawns like Tall Fescue or Rye grass) which need to be mown just as much in winter as they do in summer, warm season grasses don’t require any watering or mowing during these chilly winter months.
However, the inevitable downside is, they may be susceptible to varying degrees of discolouration during this period of slow/no growth.
But have no fear! We have a new product that is going to have your lawn looking lush and green in any season!
ColourGuard gives you a green lawn all year round!
ColourGuard is a natural turf grass colourant that is environmentally friendly and 100% organic. ColourGuard is easy to apply and lasts up to three months, meaning your lawn will always look great, regardless of where you live or what Mother Nature throws at it.
This awesome product, by our friends at Lawn Solutions Australia, will instantly restore colour to your lawn by providing natural green pigment, which is absorbed by the grass leaf and also helps to strengthen and protect it from the cold and frost.
It’s essentially Botox for your backyard!
Why use ColourGuard?
ColourGuard means you can maximise your street appeal with a lush green front lawn, nature strip, or backyard and show off your property at its best. Whether you are preparing your property for sale, hosting an event or you just love having a green lawn, ColourGuard is so fast and easy to apply, it will have your patch looking in tip top shape in no time!
Benefits of ColourGuard
- Instantly restores the natural green colour of grass – year round
- Substantially reduces watering needs
- Stays green during droughts and water restrictions
- UV fade resistant
- Won’t bleed, run, or stain once absorbed into the grass
- Safe for the environment, pets and people
- Works in extreme heat, cold and frost
- Organic and natural – no harmful chemicals
- Reduces the amount of fertiliser
How to use ColourGuard and protect from winter fade
- Attach your hose to the two litre ready-to-use bottle, or mix the 100ml concentrate with water in a pressure sprayer as per the instructions.
- Spray evenly across your lawn, working methodically from one side to the other.
- When spraying near hard surfaces like paths and driveways, stand on the surface and spray the ColourGuard away from the surface onto your lawn.
- Leave your lawn to dry for at least 2 hours afterwards (if in full sunlight), or longer if in shade.
Tips for using ColourGuard
- If you do accidentally spray onto a hard surface, simply wash the spray off onto your lawn using hosed water.
- Once you have applied ColourGuard, give it 2 hours to dry in full sunlight, or longer if the lawn is not in full sun.
- You can mow your lawn after using ColourGuard has dried – just don’t set the mower too low and scalp your lawn.
- ColourGuard is a permanent colorant, so it will disappear as the grass leaf grows.
- Don’t worry if it rains – once dried ColourGuard won’t wash off from rain or water.
To learn more about ColourGuard or to purchase some for yourself from our online Coolabah Shop visit www.coolturf.com.au/colourguard/ or call our friendly team on 1800 055 515!